Followers

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Three more days until Dior gets broke!

This Friday around 2 to 3 p.m. Dior will be ridden for the first time by Joaquin. I am so beyond excited. I took the entire day off of work. Anyone is welcome to come and watch. I will be videotaping it for sure!

Updates:
So last Friday she was chased by Mystic, a large gray gelding. He was loose in the arena and chased her around in circles while Joaquin held her lounge line. It scared her so much that she broke out in several hives. Poor thing. Joaquin noticed them after her training session. He took her temperature and it was normal. The next day she was fine. Saturday was the first time she was blanketed. She didn't mind at all. Joaquin put it on in her stall and she just stood there and let him do it. I was proud of her. I have video, but it is just her standing there paying no mind.

I went to visit her yesterday and put her in cross ties and brushed her. She kicked out her hind legs a few times to protest, but I just kept on brushing and loving on her. After a while, I assumed she had enough, and I was freezing, so I put her back into her stall. I went and checked on the other horses (Paris, Jackie, and Mack). I went into all their stalls and gave them lots of pets and scratches. Then, crushed an apple and split it among them. Dior kept sticking her head through the bars to see if I had more, I swear that horse has a stomach like mine.

I then hung out with Paris, and while wearing my fuzzy white scarf around my neck, she tugged on the end. I got nervous, as it was tied in a fashion that could choke me if she got carried away. LOL! Needless to say, I need to watch the way I wear my scarf there.

Dior will train today, I can't make it as I have several meetings. Bummer. But, I will follow up and see how she did.

Paris is also in training now. I watched her on Saturday and she was great. She had a ton of energy, but overall she will do great over time.

Wish Dior and Joquin luck on Friday!

Also, feel free to leave comments or become a fan or Dior's site. She hopes you come visit her soon!

Love,
V-

No comments:

Post a Comment