Tuesday:
One of my favorite parts about Day two of training with Dior and Joaquin was that he said "I think she is very pretty". I think she is, too, but it sure is neat when someone else says she is, too, especially someone who is around so many different horses. And, I know I have only owned her for a really short time, but I am so proud of her and love to hear it. I guess it might be the whole proud momma thing. I know I didn't give birth to her, and thank goodness. But, I feel so connected to her. Maybe it is the $$$ that I know will be flying out the window to keep her, but all worth it. A dream come true never comes at a small price.
I watched her lounge (run, trot, canter on a lounge line). She did very well. Again, I took video, I will share soon. We took her into the arena again, this time covering the entire arena. The only time she got excited was when the horses were being brought in from turnout, which is a where they all hang outside in the pasture together. But, this was new to me. You can see the aisle from the arena. I looked into the aisle and saw 4 or 5 horses just running down the aisle together with nobody holding them. And, they all go into their own stall. Mainly because they know where they live, they are smart animals... but even more, it was feeding time. Joaquin had to fill me in on how they do that, as I was like they got loose! Not the case. I am still learning every day all the ins and outs.
Then we took her outside into the new barn and he tied her in the cross ties and brushed her and picked out her hooves. For those of you who don't know what cross ties are, they will be in a picture below, used for holding them in the aisle so you can groom, tack up, etc.). She didn't protest too much. Joaquin's presence keeps her very calm. While in the other barn, I met Colleen. She asked Joaquin how Dior did in training today, if it was better than the day before. Joaquin said she did well.
Because of Joaquin, Dior will improve as time goes on. It is a long road ahead, but I am certain that she will do great with each new session. I have the best trainer and the best people watching out for her.
After that, he brought her into her stall and she got to eat her dinner. Then a girl named Annie, who has red hair like Annie from the movie, but long and wavy versus short and curly, brought the wheel barrel full of grain by. She fed all the horses but got distracted and passed Dior up. Grain is like eating dessert for horses... so you can imagine when Dior was hearing the noise of the grain dropping in all buckets of the stalls..she was anticipating her turn, waiting next to her grain bucket. She gave up and then started eating the hay again. Annie came back and gave her a scoop and Dior was all the happier. Joaquin said she is a little skinny and needs the grain for sure. He also said that after some training we will see a difference in her body, she will become much more muscular and look even better. He said she did very well on her second day.
He is giving her two days off, and beginning the next training session on Friday and Saturday. Four days a week is her schedule for now. He said in just two weeks we will be able to see a difference in her.
Stephanie told me she saw her laying down in her stall yesterday. She said that it was good, meaning she is relaxed and calm in her new stall. I think this barn has a special calmness about it. It is cozy in there. And, Dior seems to really like it.
Wednesday:
I stopped in there today on my way to work. I couldn't help it. She is on my way to work, and I just wanted to see how she was doing. I know she could probably take it or leave it that I came to say hi to her this morning, but it was more for me I guess! (: I am just still in awe that she is a part of my life. And, not only mine but everyone around me because I can't stop talking about her. I hope no one is annoyed yet. I want to go to Paris and I want my own horse.... P.s.- Stacey, one down one to go! LOL!
I won't be seeing her training sessions or blogging on Friday-Thursday of next week. My Dad and I will be attending the Breeder's Cup in California. I am super sad to leave Dior, but she will be in good hands. Maybe I can win some money at the track to pay my next few months of board! Wishful thinking...
Love,
Victoria
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment